The COVID-19 or coronavirus is affecting thousands of people around the globe. And as the Indian government takes measures for social distancing across the country and asks people to stay at home to contain the spread of the virus, small businesses will feel the impact.
Supporting businesses and help them grow has always been our mission, here at PayU. And helping people carry out their business smoothly has become more important than ever in the wake of a global pandemic like COVID-19.
Through this article, we intend to help local businesses face minimal impact during this outbreak, by assisting them in going online and accepting payments digitally.
Get Your Business Online In No Time
Build a free website for your business with a built-in payment gateway & get 100% TDR waiver on the first INR 50,000 worth of business done via PayU.
Collect Payments via Payment Links
With the World Health Organization (WHO) warning that the virus can be transmitted to customers via banknotes and coin, people have become more cautious in handling cash.
One way of contactless payments is by accepting payments digitally! You can easily collect online payments from your customers with PayU Payment links, in just 3 simple steps:
- Create a PayU payment link
- Share link with customers via WhatsApp, Facebook, Email or SMS
- Get paid directly into your bank account
To know more about how to create payment links and its benefits, click here.
Create a Website for Free In No Time
As social distancing starts, people will start consuming less and purchasing in different ways, mostly online. However, your business is unlikely to face any impact of COVID-19 on the sales of your products or services if you have an online presence.
You can create a beautiful online store/website with a built-in payment gateway with PayU or through the PayU app, in minutes. Customers can buy products from your website and pay through the medium they prefer.
Invoice Generation & Account Management
You can create and send itemized invoices to your clients with PayU Payment Links. You can send these payment links via different mediums such as Email, SMS, WhatsApp and more. You can also send reminders to your customers about unpaid invoices, just through a few taps. Read here to know how to Accept Payments Online Using PayU Payment Links?
Also, you can manage your customers’ information, business details, and payments, all at one place, on the powerful PayU dashboard or the PayU app.
Take Charge of Your Business with Same Day Settlements
As mentioned earlier, a business may see a decrease in its sales due to the outbreak which may impact in carrying out day-to-day activities smoothly.
However, if you are a PayU merchant, you need not worry about your daily cash flow. With our Same Day Settlement feature, our merchants can receive settlements on the same day of the transaction, via IMPS for the amount less than 2 lac per day. Earlier, merchants used to receive settlements 2 days after successful transaction.
You can start receiving same-day settlements by simply getting in touch with your Relationship Manager and signing the agreement or by reaching out to us here.
Other PayU Initiatives
All of us at PayU are now focused on enabling businesses to be more productive and collaborative during this challenging time, through various initiatives:
- Bringing India Online: Our initiative to bring businesses who have been affected, online and run their business as usual
- Startups Helping Startups: A platform where various startups can post offers they are providing and take help from each other and thrive even in this time of crisis
- Working Together: Connecting job seekers with companies/individuals who want to hire
Offers Provided by Our Partners
1.Shopmatic: Create a complete eCommerce store for your business at just ₹50 a month as hosting charges and use the Shopmatic platform to the fullest.
How to avail the offer:
- Register at partner website by visiting https://goshopmatic.com/ or download the app from Google Play
- Set up your profile, online store and select ‘Transaction plan’ to get started
2. Zoho: Zoho, our technology partner, is offering ₹5000 in Zoho Wallet credits to help your business tide over COVID-19 and its economic impact.
How to avail the offer:
- Sign up via this link: https://www.zoho.com/wallet/?cn=PayUZoho2020
- Earn ₹5000 in your Zoho wallet
- Voila! You can purchase any Zoho product using your Zoho Wallet credits
3.Shopify: Shopify offers everything you need to create a beautiful, fully-featured e-commerce store. You can easily build and run your e-commerce website with unlimited bandwidth. Due to the impact of COVID-19, Shopify is offering an extended 90-day free trial period for all new customers.
How to avail the offer:
- Create your e-commerce website by signing up via this link: https://bit.ly/33PfSfq
- Enter the required details and you are all set!
- When you are ready to take orders, select a plan by linking your credit/debit card. Shopify will charge its monthly subscription fees only after the expiry of 90 days free trial period
Taking Care of our Community
As we all prepare to fight the circumstances caused by COVID-19, we feel a great responsibility to help and support all – our workforce and our merchants. While we are trying to help local businesses keep moving forward in this situation by providing all the assistance, we have asked all our employees to work from home. This will, however, not impact the services we offer to our merchants and business partners.
This is a difficult time for all of us, and we will continue to try to work with all to get through it together. To know more about us, start accepting payments digitally or to create a website in minutes, sign up on PayU.
Above all – stay safe, stay well!