Have you ever searched something on Google and ended up reading answers on Quora? This is the power Quora marketing has! Quora entered the social marketplace about eight years ago. This question-answer platform allows users to ask and answer questions related to any topic or industry. Today, Quora has about 200 million active monthly users and this is BIG. This blog will talk about how you can use Quora marketing for business and get more eyeballs on your business.
Quora Marketing For Business: Basics Simplified
Before we dive deep into how to use Quora marketing for business, let us get the grounds clear! Creating an account on Quora and getting started is easy and quick. Just follow these simple steps:
1.Create An Account: Start by creating an account. Quora offers you to sign up via Facebook, Google or email address. When you are looking to use Quora for business, it is recommended to use your business email. After choosing your preferred mode, click on ‘Continue’.
2. Follow Relevant Interests: Once you have created an account, you will be asked to follow a minimum of 10 topics. Choose the topics that are in line to what your business caters to.
3. Add Your Areas Of Expertise: Next, you will be prompted to enter your areas of expertise. As you choose, Quora will immediately filter out the questions they think you can answer.
Pro Tip: Choose your interests honestly and carefully! You will see what you choose.
4. Follow Other Users: Now that you have almost build your business profile for quora marketing, follow the people you feel are from your industry. This will help you understand the competition. Follow your target audience to understand what they are looking for.
5. Edit Your Profile: This is one of the most important steps. Update your profile photo and add some details about you. Be authentic about yourself. Once done, you are all set to answer on Quora.
The Awesome Dictionary Of Quora
- Upvote: A person ‘upvotes’ an answer when they find it to be useful and well explained. This can be the use of easy language, proper explanation, quality content, and accurate grammar.
- Downvote: A person may ‘downvote’ an answer if they find that the answer is not relevant. It can include highlighting plagiarized content, ethically wrong answers or discriminative or demeaning information.
- Share: Next to ‘upvote’ button is an option to share an answer. You can choose to share an answer on your Quora profile or any other social media account like Facebook, Twitter or simply copy the link.
- Thanks: There is an option to send a virtual ‘thanks’ to an individual. You can choose to thank when the answer has been helpful to you.
- Suggest Edits: Quora allows you to ‘suggest edits’ to an answer. If you find that the information conveyed is wrong or misleading, you can instantly suggest edits and get things right.
- Bookmark: If you wish to keep an answer as a future reference or wish to read it later, you can simply bookmark the answer. Quora makes it easy to find content for you!
- Report: If you find that a piece of information provided is violating a law or the content is abusive or irrelevant, you can report on Quora instantly.
Best Practices To Use Quora Marketing For Business
- Keep Your Profile Updated: As mentioned above, keep your profile up-to-date. Add your credentials and topics of expertise so that people can reach out to you with ease. For example, add where do you work along with your designation.
- Focus On Increasing Followers: Follow people with the same interests as yours so that they can discover you. Establish your profile’s credibility by providing quality content and instant answers.
- Communicate With Your Audience: While answering on Quora for business, keep your focus on helping people with your answers. Use a conversational tone. Do not market your product/ services. Obviously, in a very subtle way, you can talk about your brand but do not deviate from the focus. Build a connection with your audience!
- Share Ideas And Experience: People like to read real-life experiences. Share practical and real knowledge. Use testimonials and let your readers put their faith in your brand. Further, add links to your website/blog to drive traffic to your business.
- Link Your Social Media Accounts: In the fast pacing world, the best practice is to interlink your social media profiles with each other. This will help your audience and the readers to connect with you over other platforms and help you expand your business in the long run!
- Use Images & Videos: You do not always have to answer a detailed answer on Quora. Sometimes, just let the picture/ video do the talking. A well-prepared infographic is quick to deliver information! Repurpose your content and add variations on your Quora profile.
- Check For Your Competitors: Occasionally, just take a sneak peek in what your competitors are doing and make it a point to stay a step ahead from them. Keep a check on the questions and provide with the answers quickly!
- Do Not Promote Your Brand: The key is to NOT promote your brand. Quora is a platform to ask questions and write relevant answers. Start with offering a solution and if the communication goes ahead, redirect them to your company’s page. In a minimal way, talk about your brand and let people identify you with your answers!
- Start taking questions: One of the recent updates on the platform allows you to start taking questions on a topic in a fixed time frame. This feature notifies all your followers and hence attract quality questions! In the long run, getting visibility to your business.
- Explore ‘Spaces’: Quora has introduced ‘spaces’ which are collections and communities created around shared interests and tastes of an individual. You can find collections custom tailored according to your interests and that caters to your business needs.
Pro Tip: Use Quora app to answer the questions while you are travelling or working remotely!
What’s More To Quora For Business
Now that you know how to get started with and the best practices to make the best of Quora marketing for your business, here are some quick tips you can refer to:
- Use Quora messages to reach out to your audience specifically
- Keep a track of your Quora statistics and analyze what works the best
- Maintain a blog on Quora and keep your profile catchy
With the introduction of the vernacular base on the platform, the user compatibility of the platform has only increased. To conclude, Quora is a present-day go-to hub for people looking for answers from different people. This can be the case when someone is buying a new product/ services or looking out for tips and guides or just want to hear people’s experience. If all the above-mentioned strategies are applied in the best manner, Quora can do miracles for your business. Quora for business has been proved efficient and has a lot of potential. All you need to do is make the best use of the platform! While you plan a quora marketing strategy for your business, read this blog on Low Cost Marketing Tips For Online Business and plan your roadmap to success now!
With all your marketing efforts for your business in place, it’s a good idea to have an all-in-one payment solution in place as well. Sign up with PayUmoney to enjoy the best payment gateway experience and grow your business effortlessly!